The Strut

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Apology & A Review


Yes, I know I haven't posted since Jimmy Kimmel, but I was overwhelmed by all the videos from last week's "Eclipse" premiere in LA. Overwhelmed by the fact that there were too many out there, some fan-made, others more polished. They seemed to be all repeating themselves, I don't need to see every interview on the red "black" carpet where the same questions are being asked. I can only imagine how the cast handle the repetitiveness. So that is why nothing was posted from it. All the other blogs out there posted them. Sorry, if this upset you.

In other news, I saw "Eclipse" tonight in IMAX. I thought it was a great adaptation of the book, but I did find the pacing to be a bit fast, so some things were "lost in translation". If you haven't yet read "The Second Life of Bree Tanner" there are some elements of the movie that might be lost to you. The action was good, the make-out scenes, better (more of them) and finally, Jasper speaks!!! There is a consensus out there in blogland about Bryce Dallas Howard's portrayal of Victoria that I tend to agree with. I do like her as an actress (loved Lady in the Water & The Village) but her "Victoria" was a bit too coiffed & well dressed for a nomad vampire. She lost the wildness that Rachelle had. It was hard to see here fighting Edward with her big doe-eyes, she looked too cute to be frightening.

I did miss the little tiff between Bella & Edward when he disables her truck when she tries to sneak off to see Jacob. It started, but then it was lost. We didn't get to see Edward telling her that if she didn't want him to visit her to shut her window and she slams it shut. The virginity talk came much later on than in the book and there was no Alice "kidnapping" Bella.

All in all, the movie was great. I would write more, but it's late right now & tomorrow will be upon me very soon. In closing, yellow is a great color on Edward...hee hee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Recent Articles

Some Serious Eye-Candy!!

Twilight Slideshow