The Strut

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Twilight at the Oscars??


Cannes - Robert Pattinson will win an Oscar

Robert Pattinson believes that Twilight will win Oscars. The New Moon star is currently in Cannes rubbing shoulders with Sharon Stone and the best of Hollywood.

Rob revealed to Collider the inner struggle he went through when deciding whether to play Edward Cullen or not.
He said: "I didn't want to do a stupid teen movie. I specifically hadn't done anything which anyone would see since 'Harry Potter' because I wanted to teach myself how to act. I didn't want to be an idiot. This came kind of randomly and I didn't really know what it was when it first started. "I was going to wait for another year. I wanted to do two or three more little things and then do something bigger and then this kind of happened and I was like, 'Well, okay.' I had done another movie where I'd gotten really intense about it before and I felt kind of satisfied afterwards, much more satisfied than I had from other movies. I don't know how it turned out or what the result from getting intense about something is, but you definitely feel more satisfied.

"I wanted to take that into 'Twilight' and also try to break down the assumption that if a movie is being made from a book which is selling a lot of copies, which every single book that sells a lot of copies now is made into a movie immediately and they're virtually all not very good and everyone knows, even six year olds know, that it's just to make money ? I didn't want to be involved in something like that.

"I thought Catherine (Hardwicke) and Kristen (Stewart) would be supportive of that. But they've also got reputations whereas I don't have a reputation at all. So I wanted to make sure that by the time people got to Portland that I knew everything about everything and just be like really ? I didn't talk to anyone about anything other than the part for about a month and a half of the shoot. I think it kind of galvanized people.

"I think most people read the book and it's an easy read. It's a nice book. So I think most people went in thinking, 'Yeah, it's a happy film.' I'm like holding the book and saying, 'No! This is going to win Oscars!'"

We'll have to wait and see what happens next February when the 2010 Oscar winners are announced to see if Rob picks up an award or two.


**Thanks to MyParkMagazine for this article**

No comments:

Post a Comment


Recent Articles

Some Serious Eye-Candy!!

Twilight Slideshow